It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
• Planning and developing schemes of work
• Delivering learning sessions
• Developing teaching and learning strategies
• Assessment practices
The guided learning hours for the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training course are 360 – 465 hours. As the course assignments are on-line, students may study completely at their own pace.
Learners must meet the following minimum criteria:
• Reading and communication skills should be adequate to meet the requirements of the training.
• Do not have a criminal background which prevents them working, with young people or vulnerable adults, as a teacher.
• Hold a relevant qualification at a level above that of their learners; ideally at least Level 3 in their area of specialism.
• Minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT
• Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
• Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
• Theories, principles and models in education and training
• Wider professional practice and development in education and training
Optional Units – Including:
• Inclusive practice
• Developing and organising resources
• Teaching in a specialist area
Other optional units are available on request
You will receive assignment briefs for each of the seven units with guidance on where to access resources and research materials to complete the assignments.
The seven units consist of 4 mandatory units and 3 optional, we have chosen the optional units as this facilitates the course being standardised and helps course costs.
However if you wish to individualise your course by choosing other optional units we can accommodate this, but the cost of the course will reflect this. We can discuss this with you when you contact us.We will be able to give you a full list of optional units on request.
Every two weeks you can join a zoom tutorial class where assignments will be discussed and you will be able to collaborate with your peers. This is not mandatory but can give you the bridge between distance learning and class based learning.
Personal support will be available 5 days a week during office hours by phone and email. Using this you will be able to discuss any issues you are facing with completing the assignments/course, and your dedicated tutor will be available to help you through those difficult moments.
Once the assignment is submitted by email, you will receive a pass or refer grade. Feedback will be given within 3 working days explaining how you have passed the assignment, if you receive a referral, the feedback will clearly explain what you have covered well and give clear guidance, focusing on what you need to do to pass. We do not limit the number of referrals but with our support methods most referred assignments will pass on the second submission.
We do not have assignment submission dates as we want you to be free to complete the course at your own pace. It can be completed within 6 months although you have 1 year to complete all assignments. Extensions are available for unforeseen circumstances, although a small charge may be applied, this is decided on an individual basis and the nature of the circumstances.